Meet the Capital Trails Network Impact Report
Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 2:00 PM — Zoom
Please join the Capital Trails Coalition for the release of a new report:
The Economic, Health, and Environmental Benefits of Completing the Capital Trails Network
We are thrilled to unveil the key findings on April 28th at 2:00pm.
Trails provide places for people to exercise, provide reliable transportation routes, and support local business and tourism. Until now, those benefits to the Washington region have not been quantified.
The Capital Trails Coalition, in partnership with a team of experts, spent two years developing an impact report to quantify the economic, health, and environmental benefits of our region’s 881 mile multi-use trail network. The Washington DC region is uniquely positioned to have the best trails system in the nation.
- Welcome, History, and Acknowledgments
- Remarks from:
- County Executive Angela Alsobrooks, Prince George’s County
- U.S. Representative Don Beyer, Virginia’s 8th District
- Neil Albert, President & CEO DowntownDC Business Improvement District
- Overview of Findings
- Panel Discussion with Community Leaders
- David Harrington, President & CEO, Prince George’s County Chamber of Commerce
- Adina Crawford, Black Girls Do Bike
- Chris Slatt, Sustainable Mobility for Arlington County
- Q&A Session
If you have questions, send us an email.