Meet the Capital Trails Network Impact Report
Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 2:00 PM — Zoom
Watch the virtual launch event here below!
Trails provide places for people to exercise, provide reliable transportation routes, and support local business and tourism. Until now, those benefits to the Washington region have not been quantified.
The Capital Trails Coalition, in partnership with a team of experts, spent two years developing an impact report to quantify the economic, health, and environmental benefits of our region’s 881 mile multi-use trail network. The Washington DC region is uniquely positioned to have the best trails system in the nation.
- Welcome, History, and Acknowledgments
- Remarks from:
- Deputy Chief Administrative Officer Floyd Holt, Prince George’s County
- U.S. Representative Don Beyer, Virginia’s 8th District
- Neil Albert, President & CEO of the DowntownDC Business Improvement District
- Overview of Findings
- Panel Discussion with Community Leaders
- David Harrington, President & CEO, Prince George’s County Chamber of Commerce
- Adina Crawford, Black Girls Do Bike
- Chris Slatt, Sustainable Mobility for Arlington County
- Q&A Session
If you have questions, send us an email.